Dumela Villa is part of the Cumbini Resort which is a young resort named after a local family named ‘Cumbi” and that is uniquely located amongst an array of more than 500 coconut palms. The resort is situated in a quiet part, north of the Guinjata bay area, and has its own – almost private – beach without vehicles parked on it. A five minute walk brings you to a busy beach with some nice restaurants, bars, dive centres, dive shops and curio stalls, offering local arts and crafts for sale. Paddle ski’s and surfboards are available to rent at the dive shop.
4X4 vehicles can comfortably reach the resort. Other vehicles with rear “diff-lock” configuration and well deflated tyres, can also reach Cumbini. Safe parking for smaller 2-wheel drive bakkies and passenger cars, is available within 1.5 kilometres from our resort.
General services & facilities
- Swim-pool with restaurant
- Other restaurants within 500 meters from the resort
- Private reliable servants (R90 per day)
- Shuttle service from Inhambane Airport
- Security (alarm systems and security guards 24 hours)
- Booking services (diving & fishing etc.)
- Basic supermarket nearby (incl. bakery)
- Cell phone coverage: Vodacom en M cell, international roaming
- Internet access (laptop computer with modem required)
- Anti Malaria spray program (all buildings)
- Shaded and clean fish cleaning slab
- Compressed air at reception for tyre inflation on departure
- Safe boat parking and washing area
- Resort within 1.5 km from new petrol/diesel filling station (currently under construction)
- Safe parking for vehicles by the beach
- Workshop facilities available for emergency mechanical repairs to trailers etc.